Welcome Aboard’s fun school holiday activities!
School holidays are always a busy time for kids and parents! If you’re looking for some fun things to do in Christchurch and Canterbury these winter school holidays that won’t break your budget, join us at Welcome Aboard where we have some great things planned. Our annual Kids Go Free offer at the Christchurch Gondola… Read More
Thrillseekers Get It Right
- Posted by: welcomeaboardnz, May 14th 2012
- Categorised as: Tourism
- Tagged as: adventure activities, bungy, hanmer springs, jet boat, outdoor adventure, quad bike, Main Menu, thrillseekers, tourism, waiau river
One of the delightful aspects of getting around the traps is discovering people enjoy working for the Welcome Aboard companies. I enjoy the buzz of enthusiasm. It’s contagious. Recently I ventured to Thrillseekers Adventures located at the 125-year-old Waiau Ferry Bridge, nine kilometres short of Hanmer Springs Village. Neil Duncan heads a team of 10… Read More
Welcome Aboard’s adventure tourism, Thrillseekers, near Hanmer Springs has been spared direct-hit earthquake woes. It has, however, been compromised by reduced South Island arrivals (owing to the Canterbury earthquakes and worldwide economic downturn) but has held its own reasonably well over the past 18 months. Now the adventure tourism site , popular for a raft… Read More
Changing Times ….
- Posted by: welcomeaboardnz, September 19th 2011
- Categorised as: Uncategorized
- Tagged as: antigua boat shed, avon river, canterbury, Christchurch, earthquake, gondola, Grand Tour, hanmer springs, jet boat, port hills, quad bike, rafting, Main Menu, thrillseekers, Tram, tramway, Welcome Aboard
As with most Cantabrians, the Welcome Aboard team is displaying remarkable resilience amidst adversity. Key attractions – the Heritage Trams, Port Hills Gondola, and Punting on the Avon all took a hit. Of these, only Punting on the Avon has resumed. But the Gondola is scheduled to re-open by the end of the year and Trams… Read More
New Zealand, my Lonely Planet guide informs me, is the adventure capital of the world. Interestingly, second place goes to Switzerland, based on that country’s hectic adventure activities in Interlaken. Little wonder then that adventure tourism is a component of the Welcome Aboard attractions line up. Thrillseekers is the name of the event and it… Read More